Monday 5 May 2014

DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SILKY SIFAKA?


Silky sifaka (Propithecus candidus)

Sadly the people in Madagascar see wild lemur meat as a DELICACY!

There are roughly 250 mature individuals remain in the wild, the Silky sifaka is one of the three rarest lemurs in Madagascar.

Their habitat is being destroyed, the Rosewood trees are cut down as they are very valuable and the Silky sifaka's are declining!



The Silky's are locally known as the "ghosts of the forest" in Madagascar and unless hunting and habitat destruction stops then the Silky's will truly be a ghost...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this blog.....I learnt so so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

I like it when people take time out to leave a comment, your comments will be approved after I review it, in the meantime you can enjoy reading my blog!